Our Favorite Scenic Drive
There are many scenic drives and great stops in the beautiful Northern Catskills!
Don't miss out on seeing what our unique region has to offer!
Drive the Loop
- Leave Glen Falls House and take Winter Clove to route 31, turn left onto route 31 continue for several miles then make left onto Rt 23W toward Windham Mountain.
- First Stop: Five State View - on a clear day you can see 5 states. White Mountains of New Hampshire, the Green Mountains of Vermont, the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts, the Helderberg Mountains of New York, and the Connecticut Valley.
- Continue on Route 23W into the town of Windham. Proceed to the edge of town.
- Next stop: The Catskill Mountain Country Store where you will find everything from homemade fudge, pies and jams to country gifts and toys for the kids & grandkids. They also have great seasonal plants and a looking zoo!
- Make you way back into Windham on Route 23E where there are many other shops to expolore. At intersection of routes 23 & 296 turn right and follow signs toward Hunter Mtn., make left on route 23A & continue into town of Tannersville.
- More Stops: Last Chance Cheese where they have 50 imported cheeses, 300 beers, vintage candy & more. Be sure to check out the Tannersville General Store and all the other little shops in this “painted town”!
- Continue on Route 23A East into Haines Falls, here you may chose to follow the signs to North/South Lake. This Stop: the Sight of the Old Catskill Mountain House, spend the day hiking or do some on-motorized boating.
- Stay on Rout 23A and you will pass the famed Kaaterskill Falls (one of the highest falls in the Northeastern United States). You May Stop Here: There are parking areas but space is limited and access on foot trails requires walking along this winding highway.
- Continue down the mountain on Route 23A to the stoplight at the intersection of routes 23A &32. On your right is the Last Stop: Story Farms where you will great seasonal produce and plants!
- Turn left on to Route 32 North and then make a left onto Heart’s Content Road continue 2 miles and make left onto Winter Clove Road…you are now back at Glen Falls House.